Archive for the ‘Miscellaneous’ Category
I was made to write this post as I was approached by at least ten people last month alone for joining this “GoldQuest” or “Questnet” or “Referral Marketing” or whatever it is.
Heard about this “Gold quest” from a not so familiar friend three months before and first thing I did was to search in web about that company. I have listed out some points which stopped me from investing in this. I invested in a mutual fund rather.
1) Google search for “Questnet” throws an alarming number of sites that cautions against this company.
2) Modify the search with “Questnet Scam” and it fetches many more pages which cries foul against Questnet.
3) There are quite a large number of people who support “Questnet” in forums and blog posts but I am highly suspicious on the legitimacy of those people under different names as they sound so similar in their writings. I suspect that only a few people posts replies under different names in forums and blogs which attacks “Questnet”. It certainly raises suspicions.
4) The group’s MD and his associate have been issued a red alert notice by Interpol and have been arrested by Indonesian police.
5) It’s banned in some countries like Iran, Sri Lanka, Nepal etc… GoldQuest officials have been arrested in Chennai too in past. Search “Questnet” or “Goldquest” with “The Hindu” in Google for more details.
6) Moreover, I decided to dig details about their website and the result was shocking. They boast of that they use Internet as their business tool in this connected world and yet they have registered their domain as a discreet user!!!!
Do a “WhoIS” lookup for any traditional business company’s website and you will be provided with the registrar’s details and contact information. But what about Quest.net? Check this screenshot of WhoIS lookup on Quest.net(Click to enlarge)
1) Personally, Questnet don’t have a solid business model at all as it doesn’t rely on its products but on concentrating on the quick money people will get.
2) Questnet is completely legal in India as of now and I decided not to invest based only on their business practices.
3) I’m very grateful to those friends who understood my stand and never compelled or even asked me to join this.
Disclaimer:- These are all my personal views and it’s not meant to disgrace any person or a company and also I don’t guarantee that all information I mentioned or read are factual neither it’s endorsed or supported by my employer or any organization.
I came across some new year resolutions after reading lot of technical blogs and sites and some serious thinking.Im declaring this year as “Tech improvement Year” for me. Let me tell what they are,
1.Learning JSP & Servlets-They fancies me very much.
2.Creating a Firefox Addon-May be a simple one,atleast one or two useful for my personal use.
3.Reading the first volume of “The Art of Computer Programming” by Knuth.
4.Learning AJAX-Let me take it as a option.
5.Posting some good technical posts here.
P.S:-Will post progress of my resolutions all through the year.
It has been a very very long time since i blogged.Some sort of laziness has crept into me or Orkut is taking too much time nowadays in my internet activities.At first i found orkut to be very useful but it has turned out to be totally crap now(Exception:Friends network).Its actually a time killer.Before Orkutting I read two or three blogs and write a post in mine whenever i login but now zero blogging nowadays.Really fed up with Orkut and now back to blogging.Blogs are my source for everything.But the “posting” is the real part of blogging.Whenever I see an article or hear a news in media, my first thought is to have a post on this,but laziness to type had suppressed this(Guys like me have to grab a speech to text converter first).This semester have gone off without much fanfare and really enjoyed life outside classes.
P.S:My blog had counted 1000 hits in this long break without my knowledge.
Get your school photograph here.Really Cool.Try this.Collection of most of the schools in World
Dan Brown-the famous writer of THE DAVINCI CODE wins the legal battle drawn by two authors of a book named “THE HOLY BOOK AND THE HOLY GRAIL”.They argued that Dan had lifted some of their writings in that book and its a violation of copyright act.But the London court ruled the case in favour of Dan.The two books had same theme as that Jesus was married and had a son and his bloodline is continuing till today.I had not yet read “Davinci code” but i had read “Angels & Demons” by Dan which was a fantasic thriller.I am eager to read da-vinci as soon as possible.
Regarding Copyrighs yesday I read an article in “THE HINDU” about Intellectual Property Rights(IPR).Eventhough IPR issuing started in India b4 150 years very few had protected their Intellectual properties.Most of us(including me) were unaware whats a patent or copyright.I had read in some blog that we can even copyright our blog posts under this IPR laws.It will help the original writer to claim the article belongs to him.I may try it in future but not now as I had begun blogging now only and actually posting some posts which are not that of blogosphere standards.
Link to the http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxuVCrMNC4Q
I juz came around a blog which gone rash against the “so-called” neutrality of “THE HINDU-the India’s most respected newspaper”
Juz an excerpt :
Ram incessantly editorializes and speaks on friendly forums about the so-called upper caste bias of BJP/need for social diversity in employment policies.But lets examine the social composition of its employees. Editors/Sub-Editors /Reporters/Staff of this newspaper is completely dominated by Triplicane/Mylapore Brahmins. Incidentally communist institutions in India are dominated by Upper Caste and Brahmins(Mukherjee/Banerjee/Chaterjee/Bhattacharya/Karat/Yechury)
For full story visit :http://prasannavishy.blogspot.com/2006/03/crumbling-mount-road-marx-losing.html(via:DesiPundit)