Posts Tagged ‘Questnet’
I was made to write this post as I was approached by at least ten people last month alone for joining this “GoldQuest” or “Questnet” or “Referral Marketing” or whatever it is.
Heard about this “Gold quest” from a not so familiar friend three months before and first thing I did was to search in web about that company. I have listed out some points which stopped me from investing in this. I invested in a mutual fund rather.
1) Google search for “Questnet” throws an alarming number of sites that cautions against this company.
2) Modify the search with “Questnet Scam” and it fetches many more pages which cries foul against Questnet.
3) There are quite a large number of people who support “Questnet” in forums and blog posts but I am highly suspicious on the legitimacy of those people under different names as they sound so similar in their writings. I suspect that only a few people posts replies under different names in forums and blogs which attacks “Questnet”. It certainly raises suspicions.
4) The group’s MD and his associate have been issued a red alert notice by Interpol and have been arrested by Indonesian police.
5) It’s banned in some countries like Iran, Sri Lanka, Nepal etc… GoldQuest officials have been arrested in Chennai too in past. Search “Questnet” or “Goldquest” with “The Hindu” in Google for more details.
6) Moreover, I decided to dig details about their website and the result was shocking. They boast of that they use Internet as their business tool in this connected world and yet they have registered their domain as a discreet user!!!!
Do a “WhoIS” lookup for any traditional business company’s website and you will be provided with the registrar’s details and contact information. But what about Quest.net? Check this screenshot of WhoIS lookup on Quest.net(Click to enlarge)
1) Personally, Questnet don’t have a solid business model at all as it doesn’t rely on its products but on concentrating on the quick money people will get.
2) Questnet is completely legal in India as of now and I decided not to invest based only on their business practices.
3) I’m very grateful to those friends who understood my stand and never compelled or even asked me to join this.
Disclaimer:- These are all my personal views and it’s not meant to disgrace any person or a company and also I don’t guarantee that all information I mentioned or read are factual neither it’s endorsed or supported by my employer or any organization.